Monday, February 12, 2007

The Senior and the Ferrari

A very senior citizen won the lottery, and immediately went
and bought the fastest open-top Ferrari money could buy. He drove his brand
new speedster straight from the showroom to the nearby
motorway, where he at once took it up to 120 mph, enjoying
the wind blowing through what little hair he had left.

"Amazing!" he thought as he flew down the fast lane,
headlights blazing, enjoying watching Fords and Vauxhalls, not to mention Merc's
and Jaguars melt out of his path. Looking in his rear view
mirror, he laughed to see a police car behind him, blue
lights flashing and siren blaring.

"I can get away from him - no problem!" thought the
elderly boy-racer as he gleefully pushed his racer to 130 mph, then 150, then 160.
But the cars ahead weren't able to get put of his way
fast enough, so he thought, "What on earth am I doing? At my age I'm gonna die
soon enough - no need to hasten the process!" So he pulled
over to the hard shoulder and waited for the police car to
catch up.

It soon pulled in behind him. The officer walked up to
the driver's side of the Ferrari, looked at his watch, and said, "Sir, I can
see you are old enough to be my grandfather, my shift ends in
10 minutes, I've got a week's leave starting tomorrow and
don't want any last-minute paperwork to delay me, so if you
can give me a reason for speeding that I've never heard
before, I'll let you go."

The old guy looked very seriously at the policeman, and
replied, "Many years ago, my wife ran off with a policeman. I was afraid you
might be bringing her back."

"Have a good day, Sir," said the policeman

No comments: