Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cops and Cattle

RCMP and Rancher

An RCMP officer stops at a ranch in Alberta, and talks with
an old rancher. He tells the rancher, 'I need to inspect
your ranch for illegally grown drugs.'

The old rancher says, 'Okay, but don't go in that field over
there.'

The RCMP officer verbally explodes saying, 'Mister, I have
the authority of the Federal Government with me.' Reaching
into his rear pants pocket, he removes his badge and proudly
displays it to the farmer. 'See this badge? This badge
means I am allowed to go wherever I wish...on any land. No
questions asked or answers given. Have I made myself
clear? Do you understand?'

The old rancher nods politely and goes about his chores.

A short time later, the old rancher hears loud screams and
sees the RCMP officer running for his life chased close
behind by the rancher's bull. With every step the bull is
gaining ground on the officer. The officer is clearly
terrified. The old rancher throws down his tools, runs to
the fence and yells at the top of his lungs................
'Your badge! Show him your badge!'

No comments: