Tuesday, October 17, 2006

proof of insurance AND registration

A City lawyer ran a stop sign on a rural Texas road and was immediately pulled over by a sheriff's deputy. He thought that he was far smarter than any deputy in a cowboy hat, and was certain that his education exceeded that of a South Texas deputy. So, in anal retentive fashion, he decided to prove this to himself and have some fun, at the ignorant deputy's expense.

The Deputy: said, "Your driver's license and proof of insurance, please."

Lawyer: "What for?"

Deputy: "You failed to come to a complete stop at the stop sign."

Lawyer: "For your information, I slowed down, looked and no one was coming."

Deputy: "You still failed to stop completely. Your driver's license and proof of insurance, please."

Lawyer: (with a smirk) "What's the difference, cowboy?"

Deputy: "The difference is you must stop completely. It is Texas law. Your driver's license and proof of insurance, please!"

Lawyer: "If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license, proof of insurance AND registration; and you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me a ticket."

Deputy: "Fair enough. Exit your vehicle, sir."

At that point, the deputy removed his night stick from its holster, and began beating the crap out of the surly lawyer.





Deputy: "Do you want me to stop...or slow down?"

No comments: