Friday, June 01, 2007

Pet Fish

A newfie was stopped by a game warden recently with two
ice chests of fish. He was leaving a cove well known for it's
fishing.

The game warden asked the man, "Do you
have a license to catch those fish?"


"Naw, sir, I ain't got none of them there licenses, no.
You must understand these here are my pet fish."


"Pet fish?" said the game warden.


"Ya. Every night I take these here fish down to da lake
and let them swim 'round for a while. Then I whistle
and they jump rat back into this here ice chest and I
take them home."

"That's a bunch of hooey! Fish can't do that!" says the
warden.

The newfie looked at the game warden for a moment
and then said, "It's the truth Mr. Government man,
I'll show you. It really works."


"Okay," said the game warden, " I've GOT to see this!"


The newfie poured the fish into the lake and stood and
waited.

After several minutes, the game warden turned
to him and said, "Well?"

"Well, what?" said the newfie.


The warden said, "When are you going to call them back?"

The newfie said, "Call who back?"


"The FISH!" replied the warden.


"What fish?" answered the newfie.


....We in Newfoundland may not be as smart as some city
slickers, but we aren't as dumb as most government
employees!

No comments: