Thursday, March 06, 2008

French Immersion Class

In Quebec , the French do not pronounce the letter "H".
For example Hot Dog is pronounced Ot Dog and Hudson Hardware
is pronounced Udson Ardware.

They also insert an 'H' where there is none,
by saying Hany (instead Of Any) and Hall (instead of All).
This explanation is for non-Canadians.

One day in a French Immersion Class for 1st graders,
the teacher was asking
her class to describe the use of Ozonol.

Little Mary got up and explained that she had fallen
while roller skating and scratched her knee.
She went home and her Mother cleaned the cut and
put a bandage with Ozonol on her knee and it was all better.
The teacher was so proud and then asked other children
if they had any explanation of the word.

Little Pierre raised his hand and started to explain.
"Well Teacher, da udder nite,
me an my fodder are watching da Montreeal and
Tampa Ockey Game.
An den my mudder start to do da vaccum. Den,
my fodder, yell at my mudder,

ai, ai, ai, ai, Tabarnack Louise,
put dat dam ting haway now or I'll stick
it up your hass .....Ose an all."

No comments: