Thursday, August 20, 2009

Texas Rancher

A man owned a small ranch near San Antonio..

The Texas Dept of Labor claimed he was not paying proper wages to his
help and sent an agent out to interview him. "I need a list of your
employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent.

"Well," replied the farmer, "there's my farm hand who's been with me for
3 years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board.

The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $150 per week plus
free room and board.

Then there's the half-wit. He works about 18 hours every day and does
about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."

"That's the guy I want to talk to .. the half-wit," says the agent.
"That would be me," replied the Rancher.=

No comments: